best tours of a life time
Moble: +256-703 203 341 (UGANDA)
Tel: +1-760-807-1456 (USA)
Hotline: +256-392-834-606 (OFFICE)

We have compiled a set of common questions we often get from clients who are going on safari with Go Uganda Safari.

Which international airlines can I use to Uganda?
A number of international airlines fly to Uganda – these include – Brussels Airlines, KLM, as well as Turkish Airlines, all of which fly to Entebbe. International carriers from Europe connect with most North American carriers. Other African Airlines include: Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways, Egypt air and South African Airways. From the Middle East and South East Asia, check with Emirates or Qatar Air

When is the best time to travel to Uganda for a safari
Uganda can be visited any time of the year – due to its location next to the Equator. The country generally has cool temperatures with a period of rainy and sunny season. Even during the rainy seasons (March – June and October – November) it may rain for only one or two hours before the sun shines again. It rarely gets too cold, and is advisable to carry lightweight rain gear in the rainy season. It can get cold at night.

Is Uganda safe?
Uganda is one of the safest and most welcoming countries in Africa especially for visitors to the country more so if visitors follow certain security and safety guidelines. Rarely do you hear about security risks for tourists or accidents. The Uganda government ensures maximum security for tourists in the country and also for its citizens, these ranging from traffic police to national park police for all national parks in the county. Uganda is safe, but just like any country, you need to keep away from trouble and keep your self safe.

Do I need to have a Ugandan Visa? How do I obtain the Ugandan Visa?
Yes you need to have a Uganda Visa to enter the country. It is best to get this Visa from the airport on arrival or from any other point of entry in the country. The price of the Ugandan Visa is as follows;

Student Visa – $ 20
Single Entry  – $ 50 lasts for 90 Days
Multiple Entries  – $100   lasts 6 months
Multiple Entries – $ 200 lasts 1 year

What kind of vehicle will I travel in?
All our safaris we use 4WD land cruisers and for group tours we go for 4WD minibuses (carry up to nine passengers) with pop-up tops to allow game viewing for travelers during game drives.  Small group safaris (three or less) can travel in 4WD land cruiser. Lager groups of twelve and more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-29 seat Coaster buses that have approximately 16 window seats. Overland trucks and fourteen seater minibuses are available on request. But safari Vehicle will totally depend on clients choice of vehicle.

Is possible to have a flying safari instead of road
Yes, charter flights are available to almost all safari destinations, and are a very time saving means of travel and you don’t get so tired. Though charter flights costs are high.

How far in advance do I need to book a gorilla permit?
Its advisable to book your gorilla permit as soon as possible to be on a safe side. Make sure that once you have purchase your permit a scan copy is sent to your email to be sure.  Permits are sold up to 2 years in advance!

Dressing code for gorilla tracking
Mountain gorilla trekking adventure can be wet and hot work. Hence the need to carry both a waterproof jackets and a backpack to hold essentials like binoculars and cameras. Trekking can some times be through thick vegetation with thorns and climbing steep terrain. It’s advised to have good hiking shoes, long trousers, long sleeved shirts, sun cream, sun glasses, gloves, walking stick and a hat.

How do you deal with tipping?
Tipping should depend on the level of service given by provider. There is no fixed rate in tipping in the country. Culturally people may not feel it appropriate to outwardly show their appreciation for money given, however salaries are generally low in Uganda compared to neighboring tourism destinations and all tips will be greatly appreciated. On average tips are in the region of: 5-10% in restaurants; US$5-10 per day, per client for safari driver/guides and US$5-10 per client, per day for Ranger Guides; US$5 per day for porters on mountaineering/hiking safaris and US$3-5 for Forest Walk guides.

Do the drivers speak English?
Yes, all our guides / drivers speak English but can also give you another language speaking guide depending on request from the travellers who may not understand English. Its very advisable for the travel to inform us in advance for any language comfortable with on your safari.